APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
FEEDS HOW MANY?
2-3 hungry people
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Easy weeknight meal but there are some ingredients that aren’t really “staples”
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
Based on this recipe. I went through a phase where I made this like 4 times in two weeks. It’s a great weeknight meal that pairs pickled cucumbers with cripsy pork. Light(ish) and filling.
Rice (3 cups, cooked)
Pork chops (1.5 lbs, cut in thin slices)
Flour (1/2 cup)
Eggs (2, beaten)
Worcestershire sauce (2 tablespoons)
Tomato paste (1 tablespoons)
Panko bread crumbs (2 cups)
Vegetable oil (1/2 cup for frying)
Scallions (4, white and green parts sliced)
Kirby cucumbers (1/2 pound, sliced thinly)
Rice wine vinegar (1 tablespoon)
Soy sauce (1 teaspoon)
Sesame oil (1 tablespoon)
- Combine sliced cucumbers, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce sesame oil and scallions. Toss and set aside.
- Place pork slices between two wax sheets and beat until very thin–about 1/8th inch thick.
- Place eggs in bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste and mix well.
- In another bowl, place flour. In last bowl, place bread crumbs. Dredge pork slices in flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium to high heat, and working in batches, add breaded pork slices. Take spoon and spoon oil over cutlets. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip (doing the same on the other side and spoon oil over cutlets). Cook for another 3 minutes and then drain on paper towel.
- Serve on top of rice with cucumber salad on the side.
BOTTOM LINE: A meal that makes me feel like a little kid in a good way.