APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
FEEDS HOW MANY?
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Most of the ingredients are staple ingredients
Candy thermometer/sixth sense about when your oil is hot enough to fry the olives
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
My attempt to recreate an amuse bouche found at Somerville’s Sarma for a dinner for Kelsey and me. Very easy to make. Next time I would probably run the panko breadcrumbs through a food processor so they’re a little finer.
Flour (1/2 cup)
Eggs (1-2 whisked)
Panko breadcrumbs (1 cup)
Olives (25 of your choice, pitted)
Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Heat up vegetable oil in pot of your choosing/deep fryer until thermometer reads 350.
- Place breadcrumbs in food processor and blend for a few seconds until breadcrumbs are finer. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Taking a few olives at a time, add them to flour bowl to coat. Then transfer to egg bowl to coat. Then transfer to breadcrumb bowl to coat.
- Add breaded olives to oil and fry until coating is crispy and brown (~2-3 mins). Remove and serve immediately.
BOTTOM LINE: Really easy, delicious appetizer. Perfect for a party.