APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
Sausage Shallot Leek Risotto, Zucchini Fritters
FEEDS HOW MANY?
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Lots of vegetables!
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
I am not the biggest eggplant person, but I felt very compelled to try this version of Ratatouille. 8/17/2015: Made this for Linds, and we loved it. Served with risotto and zucchini fritters. Didn’t have basil so skipped that part. Still delicious.
Eggplant (1 medium, diced)
Onion (2, diced)
Garlic (6 cloves, minced)
Sweet peppers (2, diced)
Red pepper flakes (1 tablespoon)
Summer squash (3 medium, diced)
Tomatoes (3 medium, diced)
- Heavily salt eggplant in colander and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in dutch oven, add eggplant and stir until golden (about 10 mins). Remove eggplant and set aside.
- Add onion. Cook for 7 mins until translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir vigorously until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add peppers and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add summer squash and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Add back in eggplant and stir for about 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir for about 10 minutes.
BOTTOM LINE: A good way to use up a lot of summer vegetables.