APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
Better Than Fried Chicken
FEEDS HOW MANY?
2 hungry people
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Tahini will be the investment ingredient; I always have the other ingredients in my kitchen
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
Me me me! I went to Nopi in London and fell in love with these lentils. This recipe isn’t the exact same but it’s very similar. I modified it slightly–changed proportions slightly, less tahini because I think it can be overpowering, more cumin because I LOVE it, added cilantro for garnish, used cherry tomatoes (skin on–it’s easier and it’s what I had in my fridge), forgot to add the coriander,
Lentils (1 cup, cooked)
Butter (2 tablespoons)
Olive oil (1 tablespoons)
Garlic (3 cloves, crushed)
Cumin (1 tablespoon)
Cherry tomatoes (1/2 cup, diced)
Tahini (2 tablespoons)
Lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
Red onion (1 tablespoon, diced)
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet over medium heat. When melted, add garlic and cumin. Cook until fragrant about 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and lentils. Stir and cook over low-medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Add tahini and lemon juice.
- Take potato masher and mash some of the lentils until about half of the lentils are mashed.
- Garnish with cilantro and red onion. Serve immediately.
BOTTOM LINE: I could never go Paleo and give up legumes. Perfect for a crowd.