APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
Appetizer, Side Dish
Classic Roasted Chicken
FEEDS HOW MANY?
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Most ingredients are standard
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
- 5/5/15: Roommate dinner with Ashley Deck; served with steak tacos because it was Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo
- 5/6/15: Dinner with Desa and Ashley; the next time I serve any sort of chicken dish, I think I’ll serve the chicken on a bed of this salad
I was craving this ever since I went to Alden and Harlow. It was so weird to actually crave kale. I found this recipe online. I made the dressing on a Tuesday and used the leftover dressing on a Wednesday. My only regret was that I did not make more dressing to use for the rest of the week. My food processor did freak out a little bit with the pistachios but it’s also a decade old and from Target. The trick to kale is to make it small and douse it in dressing.
Kale (1 bunch)
Shelled pistachios (1/2 cup)
Lemon (juice from lemon)
Olive oil (1/2 cup)
Water (1/2 cup)
Honey (1 tablespoon)
Garlic (3 cloves minced,I like a lot of garlic)
- Chop kale into ribbons. Massage kale for 2-3 mins until it starts to turn brighter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and mix.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as your heart desires.
BOTTOM LINE: So healthy, so good. Make this for the non-kale believers and you will convert them.