APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
BW Standard Salad
FEEDS HOW MANY?
Less than an hour
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Light grocery list
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
I first made this dish as an accident for Kara Brown. She was coming over for dinner and I kinda forgot about it. So I panicked and made risotto (classic, easy) and threw in whatever was in my fridge/pantry at the time. The gods shone down on me because this was amazing. I make it all of the time now because it’s so easy and seriously one of the best things I make. I also love this recipe because it’s all mine–I threw together these ingredients and they just worked.
Arborio rice (2 cups)
Chicken stock (6 cups)
White wine (1 cup)
Shallots (2, diced)
Leeks (2, sliced, mostly white but a little bit of green parts)
Sausage (4 links, casing removed)
- Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Add shallots and leeks and cook until translucent about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook free sausage on skillet taking note to break up pieces with a fork. Reserve sausage.
- Add rice to shallot-leek mixture and mix well; cook until rice is slightly browned.
- Add white wine and stir until absorbed.
- Add reserved sausage (I usually add a little bit of the sausage grease from the skillet as well because heart disease) and mix well.
- Add 1/2-1 cup of chicken stock at a time while stirring. Add additional cup once rice has absorbed all of stock.
BOTTOM LINE: A dairy-free DELICIOUS risotto that can be made for any sort of situation–fancy dinner party, casual roommate night, or me-party.