APP, ENTREE, SIDE DISH, DESSERT?
Spanish Tortilla, Sausage Stuffed Peppers, Paella
FEEDS HOW MANY?
2-4, can be made for more but you just have to do it in rounds..
Less than an hour
FAST, WEEKNIGHT, WEEKEND?
Simple ingredient list
WHO I MADE IT FOR?
This is a dish I’ve made for years. It’s hard to describe the recipe because it’s second nature–I don’t know how much red wine vinegar I add or how much olive oil I use. It is my go to summer soup. It was one of the first things I learned to make when Whitney was teaching me how to cook. She had learned it from her lady in Madrid.
Tomatoes (4-5 medium, cored and chopped, seeds removed)
A loaf of stale bread
Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
Red wine vinegar (around 1 tablespoon)
Olive oil (around 1/2 cup)
Cucumber (peeled, diced, for garnish)
- Cut up loaf of stale bread into 1 inch pieces (around 2-3 cups) and place into bowl. Fill bowl with water and let bread sit for 10 mins.
- Rinse bread liberally (it should have a little water) and place into food processor. Add garlic and blend.
- Add tomatoes and blend.
- While blending (this is important), slowly add in olive oil. Soup should turn a creamier color and consistency.
- Add red wine vinegar while blending.
- Salt to taste. Let sit, chilled for 30 mins (I usually am too hungry to do this).
BOTTOM LINE: The easiest, best recipe for Gazpacho.